1. Who are you and what do you do at LEDVANCE?
My name is Maren Bochinger, I am 34 years old, was born in Germany and raised in Sweden and the US. At LEDVANCE, I am a CEO and Head of Trade for Sweden and Norway. Before that, I built our luminaire business in the US and Canada. First as the Portfolio Manager and then as Sales Manager for luminaires for the region.
2. What did you do before you joined LEDVANCE?
After my university degree in Finance and Information Management in 2010, I started working at a research department while pursuing a doctorate. I quickly realized that I prefer being on the business side instead of academia, so I quit and joined OSRAM in 2012 in the strategy team in Munich.
3. What do you like about your job? And what do you like less about it?
I truly appreciate the changes and different opportunities that I have had within the company. I loved building a startup within a large company with the luminaire business. Now, I enjoy driving the country strategy and being part of all aspects of the business.
4. What is LEDVANCE? / How would you describe LEDVANCE?
LEDVANCE is a young company with over 100 years of history. We are a bright orange light that sticks out from the masses.
5. If LEDVANCE were a person, what would its 3 most striking characteristics be?
The most striking characteristics would be: entrepreneurship, always challenging the status quo and reliability.
6. What would you do if you weren’t working (at LEDVANCE)?
I would get involved with education, I am passionate about helping children and young people get the right skills and conditions to become successful.